Ingredients: (serves 4)
- 1/2 a medium-sized pumpkin or 2kg (peeled and chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 20g butter
- 2 cream delight potatoes (peeled and chopped)
- 1L chicken/vegetable stock
- 2 Tbsp natural/Greek yoghurt or cream
- Pepper & herbs to taste
- Preheat oven to 180c fan-forced. Line a tray with baking paper, place pumpkin onto paper,drizzle with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake for 40 minutes or until golden and soft.
- While pumpkin is baking, prepare other ingredients
- Then melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat and add the garlic.
- Add potatoes and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the stock, bring to boil and then reduce to a simmer until potatoes are fully cooked (15 minutes)
- Stir in the roasted pumpkin and yoghurt/cream and keep on heat for a few more minutes.
- Allow a few minutes for the soup to cool before blending.
- Using a blender or food processor, blend the mixture in batches, then return to saucepan over low heat. If using a stick blender, blend in the saucepan over no heat and then return to low heat.
- Serve and sprinkle with pepper, herbs, chives etc. to taste.
Credit goes to Taste.com for this recipe. For the original recipe go to: