Are you feeling like a sweet treat but can’t be bothered to buy too many ingredients or want to keep your sugar levels down? Try this tasty simple banana cake which can be eaten for breakfast, dessert, tea, as a snack etc etc (any time, any day haha).
- 2 Bananas (riper if you want the cake sweeter)
- 2 satchets of stevia or 1 teaspoon raw honey/maple syrup/brown sugar (your preferred sweetener)
- 3 Eggs
- 1&1/2 cups almond meal
- Extras: Shredded coconut, chopped almonds, chopped walnuts or frozen berries (as much as you want of any of these)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celcius
- Line a baking tin with baking paper or grease with oil
- Mash the banana in a bowl with the fork
- Whisk the eggs together in a large mixing bowl and add the sweetener
- Add the almond meal and banana to the large bowl and mix until well-mixed
- Add the extras and then pour mixture into the baking tin
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean OR until top is golden.
- Take loaf out onto wire rack and let cool in pan for around 5 min before unmolding it
- Serve with yoghurt, cinnamon and freshly cut bananas. Store in the fridge in an airtight container where it will keep for up to a week.