Adapted from Chocolate Covered Katie, http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2013/01/08/breakfast-oatmeal-cupcakes-to-go/
Stayed up late trying to draw out those metabolism pathways? Slept through your alarm? Running so late you barely have time to get dressed and brush your teeth, let alone eat breakfast? We know the feeling! But getting a nutritious breakfast in you before those early morning lectures is super important! These are perfect to whip up on a Sunday so that your breakfast-to-go is sorted on those hectic mornings!
Time: 25 min. Makes: 24-25 cupcakes.
- 5 cups rolled oats
- 2.5 cups mashed banana (measure once mashed)
- 1 tsp salt
- Sweetener of choice (sugar, honey, agave) – add to taste.
- 2.5 cups water
- ¼ cup + 1 Tbsp oil (coconut, vegetable, whatever you choose)
- 2.5 tsp vanilla extract
- Optional add-ins: mini chocolate chips, cinnamon, shredded coconut, chopped walnuts or almonds, dried fruit.
- Preheat oven to 190°C, line 25 cupcake tins
- In a large mixing bowl combine all dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, combine and stir all wet ingredients (including banana).
- Mix two bowls together, pour into cupcake liners.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- You can eat them straight away, or freeze and reheat as needed on those busy mornings!